Chances are high, you’ve got most likely spent a day falling down a rabbit gap of YouTube movies.
Whereas it is a fantastic supply of leisure, YouTube has additionally proved itself to be a beneficial instrument for entrepreneurs. With a worldwide consumer base of greater than 2 billion folks, it is also protected to imagine that your audience is on the platform.
On this submit, we’ll go over key YouTube statistics it’s essential know in 2022 that will help you achieve your advertising efforts.
2022 YouTube Demographics
Beneath, we’ll go over essentially the most essential YouTube statistics that present entrepreneurs how international audiences are utilizing the platform.
Basic YouTube Consumer Demographics
- 81% of U.S. adults say they use YouTube in 2021, up 8% from 2019. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube is the second most visited web site on the planet. (Hootsuite)
- YouTube accounts for greater than 25% of whole worldwide cell visitors. (Sandvine)
- YouTube has 2+ billion customers, making up nearly one-third of all the web. (YouTube for Press)
- In 2021, 36% of U.S. adults say they go to YouTube a number of instances a day. (Pew Analysis)
- These 2+ billion customers are current in over 100 nations and devour content material in 80 completely different languages. (YouTube for Press)
- 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing content material on YouTube. (Google Adverts)
- 49.3% of all YouTube viewing time in 2022 shall be cell. (eMarketer)
- YouTube is the highest video streaming app, and the common consumer spends 23.2 hours monthly watching content material. (App Annie)
- The preferred YouTube video is Child Shark Dance with 10.41 billion views. (Statista)
- YouTube TV ended Q3 2020 with 3 million subscribers. (Alphabet)
- 70% of individuals used YouTube to train in 2020. (YouTube)
- Livestreams on YouTube grew 45% within the first half of 2020. (YouTube)
YouTube Age Demographics
- Millennials belief YouTube greater than another technology. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 56% of Gen Z, 54% of Millennials, 48% of Gen X, and 26% of Boomers say they uncover new merchandise most frequently on YouTube. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- In 2021, 95% of U.S. adults between 18 and 29 years of age mentioned they use YouTube (the age demographic with the best share) whereas solely 49% of U.S. adults who’re 65+ years reported utilizing it. (Pew Analysis)
- As of 2022, 20.2% of YouTube’s promoting viewers is between 25 and 34 – the biggest group – and 15.5% is between 35 and 44. (Hootsuite)
- In 2020, 80% of U.S. dad and mom with a toddler age 11 or youthful say their baby watches movies on YouTube, and 53% of these youngsters use the platform day by day. (Pew Analysis Heart)
- 84% of fogeys who use YouTube or YouTube Youngsters agree that YouTube makes studying extra enjoyable for his or her youngsters. (Oxford Economics)
YouTube Gender Demographics
Please be aware that viewers information for people who don’t establish inside the binary usually are not reported.
- 82% of U.S. adults who establish as male report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- 80% of U.S. adults who establish as male say they use YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- 45.8% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers identifies as feminine. (Hootsuite)
- 54.2% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers is male. (Hootsuite)
YouTube Geography Demographics
- As of February 2021, 16.6% of YouTube website visits come from the US, 9.4% comes from India, and 4.9% comes from Japan. (Alexa)
- YouTube has launched native variations of the platform in additional than 100 nations. (YouTube for Press)
- 74% of U.S. adults dwelling in rural areas,, 81% of these dwelling in suburban areas, and 84% dwelling in city areas report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
What Completely different Generations Watch on YouTube
What Gen Z Watches on YouTube
- In accordance with a 2021 report, 83% of Gen Z have used YouTube to look at soothing content material that helps them loosen up. (YouTube)
- 85% of teenagers use YouTube, making it the most well-liked amongst teenagers. (Pew Analysis)
- 82% of Gen Z say they’ve used YouTube to look at content material that may make them really feel nostalgic. (YouTube)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Based mostly on the analysis, Gen Z turns to YouTube once they wish to loosen up or revisit constructive recollections from their previous. If you happen to’re focusing on Gen Z, entertaining content material will reign supreme.
What Millennials Watch on YouTube
- YouTube reaches extra millennials than all of the TV networks mixed. (The Shelf)
- A 2022 report discovered that YouTube can have almost double the penetration of TikTok amongst millennials this yr. (eMarketer)
- Millennials desire watching:
- Information and human curiosity tales to maintain updated
- Unboxing and product assessment movies to affect spending
- Fast and enjoyable leisure content material (The Shelf)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Millennials go to YouTube once they wish to be taught one thing or be entertained. Moreover, they go to the platform to be impressed, watch TV, and make amends for the information. If you happen to’re focusing on millennials, information tales, product critiques, entertaining content material, and galvanizing content material will win out.
The best way to Goal the Proper Demographic on YouTube
Whereas every technology may watch pretty comparable content material, it is vital to do not forget that the purpose is completely different. For Gen X it may be to reminisce, whereas for Boomers it is to avoid wasting time, and for Millennials and Gen Z, it might be to be taught one thing new.
To correctly goal the precise demographic on YouTube, take note of the most well-liked classes and kinds of movies they watch on the platform.
Simply as it’s for all social networks, constructing a presence on YouTube requires understanding which segments of your viewers are already there and what they’re watching.
Use these statistics to create a YouTube advertising technique that speaks to your viewers’s pursuits, drives income, and will increase conversions.
Having that info makes it simpler to create content material that speaks to their pursuits, maximize ROI, and obtain basic advertising success.
Editor’s be aware: This submit was initially revealed in April 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.