In 2021, USANA endeavored to perform small and large-scale tasks that may stay out the targets for company accountability and sustainability outlined of their 2021 Sustainability Report. The efforts have been divided into three classes: Individuals, Planet and Merchandise.
“USANA is deeply dedicated to advancing the ESG targets set forth by our board of administrators,” stated Josh Foukas, USANA Chief Authorized Officer. “The board’s formation of a Sustainability Committee and their emphasis on ESG aligns completely with USANA’s core values. Our current and future targets incorporate sustainability-related finest practices throughout all of our markets as we try to enhance communities world wide.”
- USANA workers donated 1,687 volunteer hours, or 70 days’ value of time, in 2021.
- The corporate held its first Variety & Inclusion Volunteer Week in November, which inspires workers to present again to the neighborhood and to individuals from marginalized backgrounds.
- USANA hosted its fifth World Service Week, throughout which the corporate is “hyper-focused on making the world higher, collectively.”
- USANA planted greater than 10,000 Backyard Towers, that are standing gardens planted in open mesh baggage. These towers are extra sustainable meals sources, as they require much less land and use 30% much less water than the standard backyard. The towers at the moment are carried out in Kenya, Mexico and Utah, and every tower will present as much as eight meals every week for years to come back.
- USANA joined Utah’s Sustainable Enterprise Coalition and pledged to scale back its plastic waste.
- The corporate engaged in a product bottle refresh, utilizing much less plastic and inspiring postconsumer recycling.
- Delivery fill was switched to eco-friendly recyclables and reusable will name baggage have been launched.
- A digital, interactive Vacation Present Information changed the standard printed model. This saved an estimated 400,000+ pages of paper and prevented a transport carbon footprint of bins of catalogs being despatched to 14 international locations.
“2021 was an enormous yr for USANA,” stated Paul Jones, USANA Chief Individuals Officer. “We actually started to see the fruits of our labor in our environmental, sustainability, and governance (ESG) efforts. USANA’s imaginative and prescient is to create The Healthiest Household on Earth, and to do this, we wanted to be extra centered on bettering the lives of our USANA household and our communities—in addition to bolstering our efforts to make USANA a extra sustainable firm for its future and the way forward for our planet.”