We’ve been helping a big ecommerce consumer with migrating to Google Analytics 4 from Common Analytics and bettering their marketing campaign attribution to make sure they’ve correct reporting on every of the mediums and channels they’re placing to make use of, together with influencers. One of the best technique of doing that is to make sure each distributed hyperlink to their on-line retailer has a UTM querystring appended to it for Google Analytics to seize the marketing campaign info related to the go to.
I constructed a pleasant UTM Querystring app to do that on Martech Zone, however it doesn’t retailer any information… which your crew could wish to. So, for corporations who want to set up higher and standardize their Google Analytics Campaigns, I created a Google Sheet the place they might log all of their campaigns and make sure the info handed of their UTM Querystring is standardized. Right here’s a rundown of the options:
- Marketing campaign Date – If you happen to double-click, you’ll get a pleasant calendar pop-up that will help you with the date.
- Vacation spot URL – A discipline to enter the vacation spot URL. You may actually have a querystring in it and the output will incorporate any of these parameters.
- Marketing campaign Title – The marketing campaign title you wish to be handed to Google Analytics.
- Marketing campaign Medium – A dropdown to pick your medium. This references the My Mediums tab beneath, so you’ll be able to add, delete, or enter the dropdown as you’d like. The present record is the usual channels at present listed in Google Analytics 4.
- Marketing campaign Supply – A dropdown to pick the platform you’re sending from. In fact, you possibly can additionally replace this record utilizing the My Sources tab sheet.
- Marketing campaign Time period – A dropdown to pick the purpose of your marketing campaign. In fact, you possibly can additionally replace this record utilizing the My Phrases tab sheet.
- Marketing campaign Content material – A discipline to enter the content material or provide of your marketing campaign.
Remember the fact that many corporations standardize the usage of these parameters in another way. That’s why I’ve the referenced tab the place you’ll be able to enter no matter info you need.
The output Marketing campaign URL is correctly formatted, trims any pointless area off every parameter, adjusts all of the entries to lowercase, and correctly encodes the parameters to be used in a URL.
Somewhat than make an unlimited formulation for the output URL, you’ll discover that I’ve some hidden columns that show every variable, after which the formulation concatenates all of the fields. I did this simply to make it simpler to troubleshoot and for customers who aren’t as savvy with formulation to have the ability to see the way it was constructed.
If you happen to want to obtain and work with the file regionally in Excel, pay attention to one limitation: it is going to solely work offline on Microsoft Workplace for Home windows. Excel for Mac doesn’t acknowledge the =ENCODEURL() operate in Excel, so the formulation will produce an error. That is true of Office365 on-line as properly. Fairly loopy that Microsoft hasn’t bought that purposeful at this level!
I hope you take pleasure in this freebie! I assumed it’d are available helpful to our viewers.