Retailers typically overlook Pinterest, the self-described “visible discovery engine.” Per Comscore, the platform has 460 million month-to-month customers — 94.6 million within the U.S. Pinterest customers skew closely feminine, Gen Z (ages teenagers to 20s), and Millennial (20s to 30s).
Customers usually entry the platform whereas planning a challenge or occasion. They’re searching for inspiration. They pin content material from exterior the app with little or no created on the platform itself — till now.
Pinterest’s new Shuffles app permits customers to create and share collages — digital temper boards. Launched in 2022, the app surged in reputation when customers started setting their creations to music on TikTok. Shuffles is now accessible in 15 international locations, together with the U.S., however solely on iOS gadgets. An Android app is reportedly in growth. Even so, TechCrunch reviews 607,000 installs to this point.
Every picture in Shuffles can hyperlink to a supply — a direct route to purchase — just like Pinterest typically. Shuffles’ focus is cut-out photos that may seem alongside backgrounds and results. These cut-outs can come from photos in Pinterest’s library or the person’s — all by utilizing the app’s instruments. The performance and scrapbook aesthetic remind me of Polyvore, the style temper board platform that closed in 2018.
Guests on Pinterest uncover the Shuffles content material by way of the app’s “For you” suggestions feed, which opens at launch. Extra discovery strategies are looking for hashtags and key phrases and accessing “Adopted,” “In style,” and “Latest” feeds.
Guests can remark, like, save, and remix different customers’ content material by copying the format and including their very own objects.
- Natural attain. Shuffles’ creators can profit from early natural progress and attain a higher proportion of customers than on established platforms equivalent to Fb and Instagram.
- Goal Gen Z females. Shuffles has a lot much less competitors than TikTok and is useful for retailers focusing on Gen Z females.
- Distinctive modifying choices. The Shuffles app contains content material creation instruments and results, together with shake, spin, and pulse choices.
- Minimize-out performance. iOS 16 launched in September 2022 and contains its personal picture cut-out function, lowering the attraction of Shuffles’ model.
- Development has slowed. The preliminary reputation of sharing Shuffles on TikTok has waned. Guests’ interactions with Shuffles are small in comparison with the first Pinterest expertise.
- Clunky buying journey. To buy on the Shuffles app, guests should click on the picture, then the data button on the highest proper, then the supply “Open hyperlink.” That’s numerous clicks. However Pinterest is reportedly bettering the expertise, together with that includes the model and worth on the preliminary picture click on.
- iOS solely. Shuffles is obtainable solely on Apple gadgets with a waitlist for Android.
- Dominated by popular culture. Shuffles viewers are confronted by a wall of Taylor Swift and Harry Types content material. Retailers should search for methods to chop via the fandom.
Getting Began on Shuffles
Shuffles’ viewers, whereas small, is a chance to focus on younger females. Step one for retailers is pinning their full product catalog and optimizing it for search. Pinterest presents varied catalog integration instruments to assist, together with direct hyperlinks with Shopify, WooCommerce, and feed platforms.