You aren’t alone in the event you assume it’s troublesome to seek out proficient job candidates.
An worker examine from LinkedIn says that 76% % of hiring managers admit attracting the fitting job candidates is their best problem.
Annually our workforce conducts a examine to know higher how our shoppers are discovering high gross sales expertise. We ask leaders in the event that they employed high performers and the way they discovered them.
In the course of the previous eight years, leaders have discovered top-performing salespeople by way of referrals and LinkedIn greater than another recruiting strategies.
Getting Inventive on LinkedIn To Increase Recruitment Efforts
One supervisor I spoke with has discovered six gross sales superstars utilizing LinkedIn. It’s an ideal place to focus on extremely proficient job candidates. This supervisor begins by looking out particular key phrases comparable to Gross sales, Account Govt, Gross sales Guide, or Advertising Guide.
- You’re going to get a ton of profiles to sift by way of, however you possibly can slim the record through the use of search filters comparable to location, expertise, and business.
- Pay shut consideration to the standard of the profile. One chief suggests concentrating on profiles that seem much less like employment resumes and as an alternative describe how they’ve helped their clients.
- Look ahead to indicators of gross sales skills: Do they point out what they do effectively or what they’re recognized for?
- Do they speak about working onerous and being accessible to shoppers exterior of working hours? This may very well be an indication of a powerful work ethic.
- Do they speak about uncovering wants, arising with artistic options, and delivering outcomes? They could have a expertise for problem-solving.
- Do they maintain management positions locally? Do they speak about rising accounts or reaching targets? Examples like these may very well be proof of sturdy motivation and drive.
- Subsequent, take a look at their suggestions: What do others say they do effectively?
In the event you see a profile that impresses you, ask to attach with them. Then see whom they’re linked to as effectively.
Use a Validated Expertise Evaluation
When you establish a promising candidate and determine to take the following step with them, we recommend you employ a role-specific validated expertise evaluation early within the course of. It will allow you to to find out if there’s sufficient proof of the skills you might be searching for to proceed spending time with them.
Let individuals know you’re hiring. LinkedIn has a #hiring badge that may be added to your profile, and that badge routinely creates a free job submit. Publish jobs on LinkedIn and make it simple for the candidate to use.
You can even add “I’m hiring” or “I’m searching for high expertise” subsequent to your identify in your LinkedIn profile web page.
There are various other ways to seek out famous person salespeople. In our examine, referrals and LinkedIn are the commonest methods to seek out expertise, however don’t cease there. Leaders who’re nice recruiters use many alternative strategies for locating and attracting expertise.
*Editor’s Word: This weblog was initially written in 2015 and has since been up to date.