Introduced in June 2021, throughout Apple’s annual Worldwide Builders Convention occasion, customized product pages (or CPP as they’ve already been dubbed by the ASO neighborhood) are Apple’s newest extremely anticipated characteristic. It didn’t include the discharge of iOS 15, displaying up as a substitute a couple of months later in December.
It’s lastly right here, however what’s it precisely, how does it work and why must you create customized product pages in your app?
Intro to Customized Product Web page
With CPP, builders can now create as much as 35 customized product pages per app. In every of them, it’s attainable to personalize screenshots, promotional textual content, and app preview movies. They’re additionally localizable. Understand that each web page must undergo Apple Overview earlier than publication (however you don’t have to resubmit your app). They will solely be seen if the person has put in iOS 15 (or later updates).
As soon as created, every customized product web page may have its personal distinctive shareable URL, permitting you to make use of it as a touchdown web page in your advertising campaigns. The distinctive URL will likely be the default product web page URL with an added product web page ID.
Watch out, CPP can solely be reached by their URL, they can’t be discovered organically through search. Nonetheless, they might be chosen to seem within the Right now, Video games, and Apps tabs. And beginning early 2022, you’ll have the ability to choose one among your customized pages when making a Search Advert marketing campaign and ship customers straight to them as a substitute of your default web page.
In fact, you’ll be able to monitor the efficiency of every web page individually in App Analytics the place you’ll be able to entry information akin to impressions, downloads, redownloads, conversion charges, retention, and common proceeds. You’ll be able to even evaluate your customized pages in opposition to your default web page.
What’s the function of Customized Product Pages
Now’s the proper time for customized product pages to thrive. With the lack of IDFA and promoting giants like Fb nonetheless reeling from ATT’s impression, CPP presents an excellent alternative for contextual advertising. Certainly, it appears to be like like contextual promoting would be the massive factor in 2022.
Because of CPP you’ll be able to join your UA marketing campaign to a selected app retailer touchdown web page matching the marketing campaign’s visuals. It’s a good way to spice up your conversion charge, keep away from confusion in your person and optimize ROAS.
It’s additionally alternative to show completely different options of your app show to outlined audiences. Let’s say you’re a cell recreation, now you can use CPP to create touchdown pages focusing on particular participant motivations. In a single, you can present your video games’ inventive points (focusing on gamers who search self-expression) and in one other one, you can exhibit your selection of maps and the completely different ranges of your recreation (for customers who love discovery).
Now every UA marketing campaign could be considered an entire, together with the App Retailer touchdown web page, serving to you handle customers’ expectations and supply them a clean expertise all by the method. You’ll be able to tailor your messaging to completely different audiences based on the place you’re encountering them (is it related to a social media advert, a Google advert marketing campaign, in-app adverts). You’ll be able to even create a selected customized web page for an influencer marketing campaign and leverage this collaboration in your App Retailer’s property.
Getting ready your property for Customized Product Web page
The straightforward factor about CPP is that the type of property you want for it are the identical form you’d want for a daily itemizing web page. The one inventive you can not change is the app icon. So for every customized web page you create, it’s good to have a preview video and screenshots prepared.
Matching your advertising marketing campaign’s visuals to these of your customized product web page is an simple bonus. How do you optimize your visible property for CPP? You begin together with your planning course of.
Apple means that you can create as much as 35 touchdown pages, every of them will likely be localizable by itself so that you don’t must strategize based on locales (although it may be very efficient to make use of CPP for regional/cultural occasions)
Step one is to consider what number of customized pages you want, and the place you’ll use them. Since they’re solely accessible by their URL, they’ll have for use as a touchdown web page for advert campaigns (wherever these occur: Fb, Google, Apple Search Advertisements, and so forth.). Then, when you’ve discovered which one you will want, it’s good to tailor your customized web page to your advert campaigns’ property.
Take into consideration an outline, a preview video, and screenshots, listed below are some tricks to optimize your property:
- Reuse key phrases out of your advert marketing campaign within the description
- The outline ought to comply with up on the advert marketing campaign’s storytelling/textual content, you’ll be able to even reference it if it is smart within the copy
- Use related visible property: identical characters (for a recreation), identical coloration coding/fonts, identical music if it’s a video advert. There needs to be little question within the person’s thoughts that your customized web page and your advert marketing campaign are speaking about the identical product
- Be certain every thing matches appropriately, in the event you focused tennis gamers in your sports activities app, don’t ship them to a customized web page with rugby visuals
- Having a customized preview video (you’ll be able to load as much as 3 preview movies in your customized web page) could be a good way to spice up retention and CTR. Because of the URL you already know precisely who you’re sending on this web page and might create a video tailor-made to them
For those who want help creating visible property, attain out to us, we’re right here to assist!
Find out how to create a customized product web page
Now that every thing is prepared, it’s time to begin the method. For those who can’t discover the choice to create customized product pages in your App Retailer Join account, it could be since you haven’t utilized to the App Retailer Join replace (made out there with in-app occasions). If that’s the case, simply click on right here to do it.
As soon as that’s settled, let’s get began!
- In My Apps, choose your app.
- Within the left sidebar, click on on Customized Product Pages (it needs to be proper underneath Options). Then click on on Create Customized Product Web page. (This web page can be the place you’ll be able to modify and delete current customized pages)
- Enter a reference identify (it’ll make it easier to establish the web page in App Analytics)
- Select whether or not you wish to begin contemporary with a clean web page or begin from an current web page. For those who select the second choice you’ll be able to choose a web page within the Prepared for Sale state or the Put together for Submission state
- Click on on Create. Your new customized product web page’s URL needs to be robotically generated and out there
- Now you can modify or add screenshots, app previews, and promotional textual content. If you’re executed, don’t overlook to save lots of your modifications and add the web page for assessment
If it’s good to disable a customized web page (customers clicking on a disabled customized web page URL will likely be robotically redirected to your default web page), return the Customized Product Pages web page, choose the one you want to disable, and proper subsequent to the URL it is best to have the ability to click on on Disable Hyperlink. There you go!
Suggestions and tips that can assist you take advantage of it
Now that you just’re all set to begin creating customized product pages, let’s recap some key info that can assist you take advantage of out of this important instrument.
- Use CPP as a focusing on instrument to tailor your visible property to particular person bases
- Match your CPP’s visuals with the property of your UA marketing campaign
- Don’t hesitate to create preview movies in your customized pages, little question they’ll make it easier to convert customers extra effectively!
- Use CPP for seasonal and cultural occasions
- Showcase completely different options and content material of your app in your customized pages, every web page ought to spotlight a restricted and chosen quantity of details about your app
- Don’t overlook to localize them!
- Produce high-quality property, CPP will solely make it easier to convert in the event you put some care into your creatives
- Don’t stray too far out of your visible model between every web page! If a person doesn’t convert and comes again later in your natural itemizing web page, they shouldn’t be deterred from downloading the app if it’s too completely different from the one they initially noticed and might’t acknowledge it
Have you ever already deliberate some customized pages? What do you concentrate on this new characteristic? Inform us within the feedback!
Hello there, I am Marine (she/her), I am a Content material Supervisor at Apptamin. Apptamin is a inventive company specialised in app movies (video adverts, app retailer movies, and so forth.).
Newest posts by Marine Nozerand (see all)