Mattel has launched a Barbie Function Mannequin collection honouring seven main girls worldwide. UK area scientist Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock is considered one of them. These girls will get a one-of-a-kind doll of their likeness.
The choice got here forward of Worldwide Girls’s Day on 8 March. Furthermore, the nation is celebrating British Science Week from 10-19 March. This additionally turned a significant component on this resolution.
The Barbie Function Mannequin, Dr Aderin-Pocock, is a famend presenter of CBeebies Stargazing. She additionally stars in BBC One’s The Sky at Night time. Earlier, she was named the chancellor on the College of Leicester.
She stated, “I hope my doll will remind ladies that whenever you attain for the celebs, something is feasible.” “I wish to encourage the following technology of scientists, particularly ladies, and allow them to know that STEM is for them,” she added.
Her Barbie Function Mannequin doll has a starry gown evocative of the night time sky. Moreover, it comes with a stargazing telescope accent. This displays to her work wanting deep into area with the James Webb Telescope.
Altogether, Mattel has honoured the next women with a Barbie Function Mannequin:
- Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock (UK) – Area Scientist and Science Educator
- Susan Wojcicki (US) – YouTube CEO
- Anne Wojcicki (US) – CEO and Co-Founding father of 23andME
- Janet Wojcicki (US) – Pediatrics and Epidemiology Professor, College of California, San Francisco
- Yinuo Li (China) – ETU Schooling Co-Founder
- Katya Echazarreta (Mexico) – Electrical Engineer and Science Present Host
- Prof Dr Antje Boetius (DE) – Marine Researcher and Microbiologist