In the event you’re enthusiastic about pursuing a podcast promoting technique to attach with millennial or Gen Z prospects however aren’t positive if the best alternatives exist to your firm, take a look at this checklist of podcast promoting stats.
With these techniques, you’ll be able to establish podcasters with a price-point and viewers goal that is smart to your model. Then, you’ll be able to work with them and leverage their experience by sponsoring the content material they’ve made. Alternatively, you might additionally create a local advert that aligns with their dialogue matters.
We’ll cowl podcasting’s largest advertising alternatives, the place podcasting is headed, and the demographics who tune in essentially the most.
Desk of Contents:
Podcasts and Promoting
- In 2022, 82% of entrepreneurs plan to proceed investing the identical quantity or enhance their funding in podcasts or different audio content material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast advert spending is anticipated to hit $1.74 billion this 12 months. (Statista)
- 39% of Info Expertise firms plan to leverage podcast promoting in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The common podcast advert slot prices between $10 to $50, with extra premium charges for exhibits with excessive listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based firms plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material of their advertising methods. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast customers say that they’re extra more likely to contemplate the manufacturers they hear marketed on podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 38% of entrepreneurs working for retail firms say podcast promoting is the media channel with the largest ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast promoting income is anticipated to cross $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Advert Income Report)
- In 2021, there have been over 2 million lively podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By April 2021, there have been over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Month-to-month podcast listeners grew by 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of Individuals age 12 and up have listened to podcasts previously month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the variety of folks over the age of 12 within the U.S. who listened to podcasts elevated from 57% to 62%. (Edison Analysis)
- Roughly 79% of individuals over the age of 12 within the U.S. are acquainted with podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 53% of podcast listeners are males. (Edison Analysis)
- 41% of millennials take heed to podcasts weekly. (Jam Avenue Media)
- 53% of males and 46% of ladies take heed to podcasts in 2022. (Edison Analysis)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a school diploma and a median revenue of $75,000 per 12 months. (Buzzsprout)
- The most important enhance in podcast listenership previously 12 months has come from these within the 12-to-34 age group. (Edison Analysis)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of individuals take heed to podcasts month-to-month whereas 26% of individuals take heed to podcasts weekly. (Edison Analysis)
- Whereas 49% of podcast listeners tune in from residence, 22% hear within the automobile. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of individuals study podcasts from on-line search whereas about 20% of listeners say they hear about them from different associates or phrase of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners usually tend to personal a sensible speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the primary audio supply by time of consumption amongst podcast listeners. (Edison Analysis)
- 50% of podcast Tremendous Listeners agree that podcast adverts are one of the simplest ways to succeed in them. (Edison Analysis)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% extra more likely to take heed to podcasts for skilled causes than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of customer support reps have listened to a podcast at work. (EX-IQ)
- Whereas 39.2% of people that take heed to podcasts no less than month-to-month hear by way of Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- Greater than half of millennials take heed to academic podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they’d be extra more likely to share podcasts with associates in the event that they had been capable of share one quick phase or spotlight of it, relatively than a whole episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic advert insertion accounted for 84% of podcast promoting income. 40% of podcast adverts had been host-read. (IAB Podcast Advert Income Report)
- The quantity of branded content material in podcasts elevated by almost 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
Contemplating podcast promoting?
As you have seen from the stats above, podcasting is rising in recognition — particularly amongst youthful generations. And whereas it’s typically thought-about a type of “leisure,” podcast content material will be extremely versatile.
For instance, though millennials or Gen Z take heed to podcasts that function interviews with large celebrities, they will additionally hear intently to smaller exhibits that educate them about new developments or information that impacts their life or profession.
As a result of there are such a lot of podcasts, and so many listeners with shopping for potential, you would possibly wish to contemplate podcast sponsorships in your future promoting plan.